Originally from Germany, I immigrated to New Zealand in 1989. Prior to moving to New Zealand I worked for a number of years in the medical field in Germany. I worked in the corporate world in the IT sector and gained valuable work place experience for the first 7 years after arriving in New Zealand.
I always had an interested in maintaining good health, physically and psychologically. I also felt a deep desire to support other people to have a easier and a more struggle free life.
This lead me to change my professional direction to become a counsellor in 1994 and subsequently a psychotherapist in 2003.
I bring to my clinic work
- the experience and challenge of immigrating in New Zealand
- an understanding of workplace challenges and work place stress
- an understanding of different culturs
My clinical experiences over 20 years have been across a wide range of settings, such as the public mental health services, community-based agencies and working with refugees.
I provided ACC funded counselling for survivor of sexual abuse from 2000 until 2014 and have extensive experience in working with post-traumatic-stress-disorder symptoms and trauma recovery.
I hold a Diploma in Psychotherapy (Psychosynthesis, 2004) and a Diploma in Counselling (Psychosynthesis, 1998) which is a holistic approach to personal growth.
I have trained and apply a wide range of therapeutic approaches, such as
- mindfulness and body – feelings – mind awareness
- skill and resource building
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- process oriented psychology trauma model,
- family constellation work by PhD Bert Hellinger
- traditional psychotherapy
- couples therapy by Havelle Hendrix, PhD.
- emotional freedom therapy approach
I assist my clients to get a clear understanding about their issues and behaviour patterns that keep them imprisoned and powerless and provide strategies and techniques to change these outmoded patterns.
I bring warmth and care to my clinical work and hold strongly the belief that a person carries unexplored and dormant potential.
Reg. Psychotherapist – Counsellor – Couples Counsellor – North Shore Auckland
Mobile 021 129 6372 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org